Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Wheels of Commerce are turning!


I chose the image of a solid office building because it looks "important" and "formidable", like it will be here for a long time. Don't you feel calmed? : ) Now that you are calm, let's have a reality check: The Economy is in the toilet, both in the US and across the globe. Gas prices are down (finally!) but many other household costs are still too high. Housing continues to be a mess and even though rates are STILL wonderful, it's not so simple to get a loan. So what can we do? What should we do? How about guessing what the most counterintuitive thing is to do? Why that's easy! How about opening a new Real Estate Law Firm? Yep, my wife and I are taking the plunge (hopefully not off a cliff) and have teamed up with old friends Jeff Harris and Will Herndon to open the Harris Wagner Law Group, LLC! I have wanted to join forces with Susie (a veteran paralegal/closer) for several years now and somehow all the planets have aligned. (now? yes, now. Um, okay! Let's go for it!). In all honesty, we had expected to do this in the future but forces beyond our control made it necessary to do it NOW. So what's next? Well, we hope to be in an "official" office in mid-November but we are going to be ready to close loans NEXT WEEK! So keep us in mind for your next closing (and keep us in your prayers while you're at it!). The address listed is correct but we aren't in yet (or have phone #'s), so just use the numbers as noted (To email Susie, use estait@earthlink.net). STAY TUNED!


It's been a great year and a half since I started working with the Belle Isle Law Group in Alpharetta and I really appreciate all their support. What a great staff! Likewise, I have been able to use Power Realty's "Imprev" system to send all these emails and it made for a much more professional email newsletter than I had previously. I will be using a new system down the road, so expect a 'new look' going forward.

Speaking of Alpharetta, I wanted to point out that our new office is ITP, more or less where I-85 and 400 meet. We fully expect to be able to handle mobile closings so don't rule us out for closings just because it "appears" that we are non-geographically desirable. We can come to you!

Our son Joey is driving now! As of last Friday, he is a terror on the streets (well, as much of a terror as you can be in a 1991 Mercedes diesel). Yes, he is driving "my baby", but it's the safest car we own and I'm sure he'll do fine. I learned a lot about insurance--while the rates were not horrible for him (since he is a B or above student), the company manages to 'spread the risk' over all our other vehicles so it really made the new premium painful!

No comments: