Monday, September 17, 2012

Enough of this running S&%#!

(One of my favorite comments from Sean Connery, in the movie Untouchables)


So I had to drop off a vehicle for service last Saturday; Susie was running errands so I figured I would just run home (i figured it was 'a few' miles away; it was 2.6; no problem). I also had to run into a store (on the way). Again, no problem.

Reality check: at 46 and I haven't RUN in oh... over a year +? this was an 'interesting' idea.

So the store was .4 miles from service place (thank GOODNESS as I was already hurting!). Asked the Q I needed to ask, left and started the run again. The quick 'rest stop' helped. Ran a mile; hit 'a wall' and that was the end of it (it was, however a sub-9 minute mile ; ) Ran about a half mile more along the way (uphill, mind you) but sad to say, I only ran the one mile, complete.


Sunday/today; my thighs are killing me and I am definitely feeling my age :) (We still did our 5 mile walk with the dogs yesterday)

SO if any of you other 'old farts' decide to get uppity like me, think twice :)

No comments: