Monday, March 31, 2008

Miscellaneous Ramblings

I PROMISE to do more wine tips and fun stuff soon-I just felt that the $ info on my economics blog was too important. Don't delete this one--take a second to read it as we are at a critical time for our industry. To tide you over for now, Spring = Riesling. You can always check out my wine blog for more tips!

"Who is John Galt?" All I can say is that I wish I could get to Galt's Gulch before Dagny gives up the ghost...

My website notes (with tongue firmly in cheek) that an attorney is a commodity. That is true to a degree, but just remember-choose wisely as you need a 'team player' that can/will make it happen for you (like a friend who stayed at work 'til 8pm last night to kick out a necessary refi for a good client/friend-kudos to them; that's what you're supposed to do!). Reward those who take care of you-if you're not getting service, forget who "they" tell you to use! Choose wisely!

What a difference a ___ makes! Why the fill-in-the-blank? Add the phrase "a few years" to that blank. Does March 13, 1993 ring a bell? Yep, that was "The Snowstorm of 1993". I was moving to ATL that day, but I wisely waited for the storm to pass. The other blank could be for "a few weeks" as March 7, I learned that I can still drive in snow. A 5.5 hour drive turned into 7 hours plus as we took a quick trip to KY and ended up driving into 8 inches of the white stuff! My home town of Owensboro was under a beautiful white blanket so we got to enjoy the scenery and promptly return to the sunny South!

No comments: