Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My comments to Hon. Tom Price, Georgia Congressman re: HR 5034

"Please do NOT join in the support of this bill. I know this bill is not the most important issue facing our current Congress but it is an important issue to me. I want open trade with other wine states. It is not an issue of taxes; it is an issue of freedom of choice and less limitations on the Commerce Clause. Enacting this bill will not aid consumers, it will aid only the large distributorships. I am very disappointed in the Georgia legislators who have signed on to support this bill. I suspect that I need only look to their list of contributors to see names like National Distributors, Empire Wholesale and others donating to 'the cause'. It is not the cause of freedom; it is not for the consumer. The Supreme Court has already ruled on this; don't restrict Granholm v. Heald's ruling. Thanks for your time."

No comments: