Monday, January 18, 2010

A simple thank-you...


So what's up with the blooming onion pic? I place it here as a fond reminder of a great date night last night. Even better than that, it was a low-cost date night due to a thank-you gift received by my wife for all her work on a difficult closing. An agent friend was kind enough to give us a $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse and noted we needed to enjoy some beef, a blooming onion, and a pitcher of margaritas after difficulties getting to the closing table. Well, I did have beef (Susie had Salmon) but we each had wine (quelle surprise, eh?) instead of margaritas--we felt 'duty-bound' to have the blooming onion, however and I had forgotten how yummy it was!

It was also fun to go to the movies (though the popcorn was a bit much after dinner) and enjoy a great new chick flick, "It's Complicated". I do admit I enjoy so-called chick flicks, but this one had some true "LOL" moments and I highly recommend it. (our last date night included "Up In The Air" with some other dude from Kentucky and it was great as well, though the ending was a bit of a surprise to us).

So yes, we're a cliché (dinner and a movie) but we had a great time! The closing was 'all in a day's work' but we truly appreciated the gesture. Get out there and enjoy yourself!

No comments: