Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random 2009 thoughts

Yep, I'll join the masses in saying GOOD RIDDANCE to 2008 (though I cannot complain as we opened our new firm last year and saw some decent success out of the starting gate!). So HAPPY NEW YEAR, right? Sure! Rates are under 5% (as of this afternoon that is) and I see that the Metro Mike billboard shows that home sales have dropped the inventory down to a little over 81,000 homes in the metro ATL area. What's the big deal? Well, it was over 113,000 at one point last year! Yes, we have a glut of empty lots ready for new homes (try an 18 month supply???) but if you want to buy there are huge opportunities! Stocks are up a bit, we're getting rain again, heck, I'm thinking it's all pretty great right now! With that being said, we're not out of the woods as of yet. Good things may be on the horizon, but we're all apparently 'hunkering down' and spending less (or not as the case may be, take a look at my Economics blog). I know, that's "un-American" but it's a great change from the go-go 00's, mortgaging to the hilt. I think that 'hangover' is almost over and we'll be in good shape again by the end of this year. So mark my words down today: 2009 is going to be a great year! I look forward to hearing YOUR thoughts on this! Cheers, Bo

No comments: