Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 1 of # 44

Love him or hate him, we have a new President now. As you most likely know, I did not vote for Obama, but as far as how I think of his performance (let's see, he's been President for 4.5 hours or so : ) I was impressed. Yes, his speech had some undertones that I expected but overall I think his message was that of inclusion and "healing". We have had nothing but devisive politics for the last 8 years (as a sidenote, what are all the Bush haters going to complain about now??? : ) and Obama's tone was that of inclusion and 'let's all get along'. Bravo! We need that, not more to split us apart. I contrast that with Sean Hannity today--I still had my radio on AM (from listening to the entire inaugural address) when Hannity came on. I figured it would be entertaining to hear his take (figuring it would be 'middle of the road' and 'let's wait and see') but was disappointed to hear him trash PO's speech (PO=President Obama : ) and talk incredibly negative about him. How disappointing! I will try to listen to Boortz tomorrow--he's actually quite sensible; will be interested to hear his take as well. Today's "Neal's Nuze" was spot on in my opinion (you may have to look up "archives" and 1/20/09; not sure how the link will work).

Bottom line: He's my President even though he wasn't my Candidate. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I hope for our country that he actually took his "swear words" serious as he held his hand on Lincoln's bible. We'll see. Four years, President Obama; you've got that much time to prove the naysayers wrong. Make us proud! God Bless America!

No comments: