Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

What are you happy about today? Day two, 2008... I was lucky enough to go to the North Georgia mountains to stay at a friend's place. Very cool view; beautiful scenery! Took a walk (ouch, steep hills!) and saw about 8 deer 'hanging out' and was so impressed with everything. It kind of sinks in (while looking out over the valleys below) how beautiful our lives are; how lucky I am to be alive and married to a wonderful woman. Think about it--how often is it just the two of you with 'nothing to do'. We cooked, drank champagne, watched movies and 'almost' completed a 750 piece puzzle (one of our only defeats but we'll get those last 40 or so in place next time! It was a blue sky... all the pieces looked the same!).

It was just the two of us and it was great to just be together and talk. I know that a lot of people who are married or otherwise 'together' cannot spend 2 solid days together without distractions as they don't have much in common. I am lucky to be married to my best friend!

With that said, I am so looking forward to 2008. Real estate is going to start to rebound; my house will either be sold or rented (sooner, rather than later!) and all will balance out financially. The kids are doing great, our dog is happy, what else can I say but I am truly blessed! May God bless you and yours in 2008!

No comments: