Monday, March 1, 2010

Mind your own business, Walter G. "Pete" Borden

Here's an article for you, from a guy that is trying to stop the installation of artificial turf on Cobb County football fields. I wrote this comment on a 'letter to the editor' on the Marietta Daily Journal website:
I voted FOR SPLOST. WHY? Because of each line item in the proposal. I CHOSE to vote for this as my kids are in Cobb County Schools and I wanted their equipment and schools to be upgraded. YES, that includes the football field at Sprayberry (my son) and Kell (when my daughter is older). If you were out there watching football you would have seen the dustbowl at Osbourne in 2008 when we played 'away'. In 2009, you would have seen the mud and puddles (and heard about games being cancelled due to water on the field, etc.). There is a high cost to maintain the fields and you cannot escape this fact. My yard? I don't spend a dime on it. Not important to me. As for the Mr. Borden, he doesn't even pay school taxes so where is his standing to sue? I read the proposal and voted FOR this money to be used. If you don't like it, don't vote for it. IT PASSED, get over it. Now our tax money is being wasted on thousands of dollars in legal fees (ask a litigator-the average price to bring a lawsuit to trial is over $5,000-$10,000. Could a teacher have used this money in the classroom?). Bottom line, after the laptop debacle, they clarified where every penny would go; that's why I voted for it (and why it passed, I guess?). To use a silly sports analogy, stop "Monday Morning Quarterbacking"!
In essence, this could delay the installation for Fall sports. Is this the most important issue in my life? NO. However, one guy is holding up everything and I hate it. I just wanted to vent; should you desire to get involved, call the Judge who will be presiding over the case: Judge Steven Schuster – He needs to know that the people of Cobb County voted for this and we expect him to honor that vote! Staff Attorney-Brittany Jones (770) 528-1851 Administrative Assistant-Janet Smith (770) 528-1849 Office Fax (770) 528-1854

No comments: