Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Checking in...

Yes, I am actually still alive! While I may not be so prolific as to create a newsletter each week, I do need to get back to producing more than ONE per month! But I do post often--check out my Blogs (links at the bottom of the page).

Did you get 'raped' by high gas prices during Ike? Just remember who inflated their prices and NEVER go back! I'm one of those who keeps tabs on local gas stations when my gauge hits 1/4 tank. Just before the storm, the best diesel price was at a nearby Shell station, for $3.99. The Friday when Ike arrived in TX, I pulled in to find that they had jacked up their price by a full dollar! Yes, I understand supply and demand (and I am a capitalist) but they took advantage of the storm and gouged the public. I ended up at another station up the road (paid 'only' $4.28). Unreal!

As you know, we have 2 dogs now. Lillie and Spike have (to date) destroyed several loaves of bread, a bag of lemons (?), a pack of tortillas, 2 lap desks (yep, all those 'pellets' all over the house), tennis shoes, flip flops, headbands, and more. They also like to dig in plants and one even ate a small hole in the drywall. Sigh... Even though it's a daily 'surprise', I still couldn't imagine life w/o Lillie or knowing Spike was still stuck at the Vet's office waiting to be adopted!

It's football season and we're very busy! Our 10th Grader Joey plays JV for Sprayberry so we attend all JV games as well as Varsity since he dresses out. Fun every TH/FR! GO JACKETS!

No comments: