Monday, June 16, 2008

Global Warming Rant

While I am already sick of 'summer' here in ATL, I have to add this link to my blog. While I am a closet tree-hugger (I recycle, use CFL lightbulbs, try to save water, gripe when my neighbors run their STUPID irrigation systems, etc...) I think we're going down the wrong path. Bottom line, we need to do our part to save the environment and preserve our wonderful Earth--but at the same time, it's not just us, people! I'm no scientist but the Earth goes through natural heating/cooling cycles; tell Mr. Elite (a/k/a Al Gore) to stay out of his private jet (yes, I am jealous : ) and hush a little! I bet that some facets of "Global Warming" are true, but let's get a grip!

Fact: we have no solid energy policy. That's W AND Congress' fault. It's time to drill in our country or off our coast. Ask Brazil-they are gearing up to tap into their newly-found resources off their coast... while China is chomping at the bit to drill off the coast of Cuba. Yep, WE can't drill in the Gulf, but China can! We don't have enough oil. A long-term fix hasn't been discovered/made economically viable as of yet. For the short-term, WE NEED OIL. It's time to drill in the USA! Click HERE and sign the petition today!

No comments: