Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Miscellaneous Ramblings from recent email newsletter

Okay, so it's been since the end of March since my last newsletter (is this confessional??), I guess I had Spring Fever (more like Spring BREAK fever). I was happy to have been BUSY in April/early May as well! Thanks for those of you who entrusted your friends & clients to us!

Not going to do much economic news in this one to make wine lovers happy! Suffice it to say that I wish our politicians could understand how the laws of Supply and Demand work. And I could also go off on a rant about how ethanol subsidies have caused HUGE issues. Actually, click HERE--it's very important and you may learn something : ) Maybe I'll comment on that next time, or maybe I'll post a separate blog entry. Check out all 3 blogs; the info is on the bottom of this newsletter.

Why are people watering their lawns again? We are NOT out of drought conditions! In Cobb, you can water new landscaping for 10 weeks (with restrictions), but established lawns, etc. can ONLY be HAND WATERED for 25 minutes, from 5am-9am using an odd-even schedule. TURN OFF those silly irrigation systems! Check your local municipalities' website!

Random thoughts: Why do people wear those fleece/velour sweatsuits in public? They are NOT flattering. While I'm at it, men should not wear 'wife-beater' tank tops (yeah, like I'm the fashion police-I wear bowties and seersucker suits from time to time : ) While I am venting, I also hate tailgaters and left-lane interstate cruisers. My 2 cents : )

No comments: